What Is Invisalign?
It is a popular brand of clear teeth aligners in dentistry. Invisalign features a transparent plastic-like tray of aligners that can gradually shift teeth.
These aligners are virtually invisible, hence the name invisible braces. They are the perfect alternative to metal braces in orthodontic dentistry.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign braces fit like a glove. Your dentist at Smile Atelier Beverly Hills will tailor the aligners to the impressions of your teeth. Afterward, (s)he will create a tray of invisible braces that will fit snugly to start shifting your teeth.
The braces work by exerting controlled pressure on your teeth for about six weeks. After that, you will need to replace the aligners for a new set. Through your treatment plan, you may need between 30 to 32 invisible braces to complete your treatment.
Each tray will feel tighter than the previous one, especially during the first week of changing them.
When Do You Start Seeing Results with Invisalign?
Even though orthodontic treatments with Invisalign are effective, it would be unrealistic to anticipate notable changes after one or two weeks. Orthodontic procedures usually take time before teeth can shift and straighten.
The most crooked or malpositioned teeth are typically the last to shift. Still, you will likely notice changes in your smile’s alignment at week 10 or 12.
The results are different for patients, depending on various factors like:
- Severity or complexity of the orthodontic problem
- Diligence in wearing the invisible braces daily and stick to your treatment plan.
- Body’s ability to break down initial bone tissue and regenerate new tissue to support the shifting process.
How Long Does Invisalign Take Overall?
If you are waiting to notice dramatic changes in your smile’s appearance, you must be willing to wait to get to the end of your treatment plan. The necessary Invisalign time to see results will differ from one patient to another. Any orthodontic treatment takes roughly two years to complete.
However, with Invisalign, some patients only need six months to straighten their teeth. It is solely dependent on the complexity of your malalignment.
Will Invisalign Be Worth It?
There are reasons why patients gravitate more to cosmetic dentists in Beverly Hills than other dental experts. When considering Invisalign braces, the number one focus should be the aesthetic advantage.
Since they are virtually invisible, you can keep your treatment a secret from everyone. The invisibility of teeth aligners is a worthwhile investment, considering the conspicuity of metal braces.
Other reasons you should consider Invisalign are:
- Comfortable to wear – since Invisalign aligners fit like a glove, they are unlikely to hurt your gums, feel bulky or make breathing difficult. Better yet, the plastic-like material is smooth and gentle to your inner cheeks, lips, and tongue, which is more than you can say of metal braces.
- Flexibility – you can choose when you wear your aligners because they are removable. The only requirement is wearing them for at least 20 hours daily. The removability of Invisalign braces also benefits you when choosing your foods. You will not have restrictions from eating any foods since you have to remove your aligners when you eat.
- Easy to maintain – since Invisalign aligners are removable, you will not struggle to keep them clean.
- Improved oral hygiene – you will not experience any problems flossing or teeth brushing when you undergo orthodontic treatment with Invisalign near you.
- Fewer dental visits than metal braces – you can liaise with your dentist to get more than one aligning tray for your treatment so that you don’t have to visit the dental office every six weeks. Such convenience is unavailable for metal braces.
- Effective for moving teeth – just because they are different from traditional braces does not mean Invisalign braces do not work. Orthodontists report many successful treatments using Invisalign braces.
Should You Get Invisalign?
While there are several benefits to these treatments, you must prepare yourself to anticipate the following facts about the treatment:
- It is not for everyone – Invisalign braces only benefit patients with mild and moderate orthodontic problems.
- Wear time is crucial for success – wearing your aligners for only a few hours a day will not move your teeth within the projected treatment period. Diligence is necessary for success.
- Oral hygiene is mandatory – Invisalign braces can stain easily if you do not keep them and your teeth clean.